Royal Foam also covers a full range of foam products for the construction,craft and special events industries. These products are available in sheets, blocks, spheres, cones and many other shapes. They are available to the consumer from major craft and floral retailers throughout the country.
Expanded Polystyrene (EPS), is the generic industry name for a white rigid material made by expanding polystyrene beads with steam and bonding the beads together under pressure in a block or shape mold. EPS is used in the construction industry for insulation and void fill. It is also used in a variety of packaging applications including coolers, wine shippers, molded end caps and corners. It can be cut into an unlimited variety of shapes.
Block moulded EPS has a myriad of uses – from geofoam supporting major roadways to intricate architechturalmouldings.
Large blocks of EPS (typically 4 ft x 3 ft x 24 ft) are cut, shaped or bonded to provide the following products and applications:
- insulation for cold storage buildings
- insulated rendered wall systems
- geofoam – lightweight fill used in civil engineering applications such
- as roadways and bridge on/off ramps
- lightweight cores for bridge beam construction
- floatation for pontoons and marinas
- insulation for wine tanks and pipe work
- insulation for buidlings with or without reflective foil facings
- theming for movie sets and amusement parks
- insulated concrete formwork (ICFs) for buildings (cut from block or custom moulded)
- decorative architectural mouldings for buidling applications
- floatation for boats, jetskis and surfboards
When manufactured the material contains a flame retardant addititve to inhibit accidental ignition from small flame sources.
The long term insulation properties and fire performance characteristics of EPS enable it to be specified for buildings under the Building Code of USA.
EPS Panel is a proven construction material well-suited to the extremes of the USA climate. It is a cost-effective, lightweight construction material with excellent insulation properties.
The advantages of EPS Panel include:
- High load bearing capacity at low weight
- Effective and durable thermal insulation
- Absolute water and vapour barrier
- Air-tightness for controlled environments
- Long life, low maintenance
- Lightweight, fast and economic construction
- Hygienic food grade finish
- Most cost effective insulation material available
- Royal Foam manufacture permits shorter lead times and prompt delivery
For over a decade a product has been improving the construction of domestic housing slabs, making them safer and cost effective.
Expanded Polystyrene (EPS) flats have contributed to a revolution in slab construction methods. Enabling stronger better-engineered slabs to be constructed faster and cost effectively over traditional methods. Much of the back-breaking manual work associated with traditional concreting of house slabs has been eliminated.
EPS flats are unaffected by water. They are safer as there are no trenches to cave in during construction or in rainy weather. Not only does this save time and work in restoring the trenches it eliminates the uncertainty of maintaining the correct beam widths and thicknesses. It also removes the uncertainty of completion time due to wet weather.
The inclusion of EPS flats in a slab adds an insulation benefit up to 1.0 R (w/mK Thermal Resistance) to the slab. This benefit reduces energy consumption in the house and when multiplied by the many houses who have used them has a significant effect on reducing greenhouse gas emissions thus making a very positive contribution to the environment
We can provide EPS for your project
Royal Foam Products sells expanded polystyrene (EPS) for construction and craft and special events industries. EPS is shipped from over 100 different manufacturing facilities throughout the United States
Still not sure which product you need for your project?
Call us today and speak with an expert foam associate at Royal Foam . We will provide you with a FREE quote and answer any questions you have about selecting the proper EPS product for your project.